Hydraulic piston diaphragm pumps are particularly suitable for feeding a filter press as they adapt optimally to the operating conditions specified by the filter press. The special requirements on the feed pump result from the functionality of the filter press. During feeding, the respective suspension slowly deposits on the filter cloths – resulting in the filter cake. As the flow rate increases, the conveying pressure in the feed pump then increases. Lowering the conveying rate regulates the pressure in the feed pump and thus prevents consequential damage.
Piston diaphragm pumps
BENEFITS OF THE PISTON DIAPHRAM PUMP FOR MSE FILTERPRESSEN®
- Electrically operated, modular piston diaphragm pump
- Pump head made of different metallic materials
- Pulsation damping
- Double diaphragm
- Inspection openings for membranes and valves
- Internal pressure-quantity control as a function of feeding pressure in filter press feed applications
- On request, control by frequency converter
- Cast iron and various stainless steel materials
- Flow rate from 0.5 to 50 m³ / h
- Feeding pressure 1.6 MPa (16 bar) in the basic version, higher pressures according to project specification
- Suspension-temperature up to 100 ° C in the basic version, higher temperatures on request
- Particularly with abrasive media, the service life should be emphasized here
- No adverse effects due to dry running
- Very low energy costs due to the high efficiency of the piston diaphragm pump
- The separation of working and conveying medium has a positive effect on the wear part costs
PISTON DIAPHRAM PUMP
DESIGN FEATURES OF THE PISTON DIAPHRAM PUMP
Equipped with an analogue pressure sensor and a frequency converter, the initial flow rate, inflexion point and minimum flow rate can be easily set and – more importantly – varied as required. The analogue signal of the pressure sensor is transmitted directly to the frequency converter. A separate control is thus not necessary. This variant of the filter press control for the feed pump is energy-saving on the one hand. And, on the other hand, this control allows individual adjustment, especially for changing sludge, in order to achieve optimum filtration results. This is because the filtration properties of a suspension, i.e. of the medium to be filtered, cannot always be improved, e.g. by appropriate conditioning with flocculation aids. This leaves only the filter cloths and the feed pump as optimisation options.
In the product area, you can find a wide range of different filtration plants (chamber, membrane and stainless steel filter presses, and much more). In addition, you will find a wide range of by-products, such as feed pumps, filter elements as well as automation and expansion modules.
APPLICATIONS OF DEWATERING PLANTS
Due to their excellent drainage properties and process technology variety, filter presses are used in different applications such as sewage, chemical, mining and much more. Within the individual application areas, you will find a list of exemplary application areas.
MSE Services offers you a comprehensive range of transparent and clearly structured services for your filter press system. As a reliable service partner, we accompany you throughout the entire life cycle of your system and ensure its productivity and availability.